The squeeze shot is an effective shot to employ when you are in a crowded D. This video shows how and where it works well.
- Bring hands together further down the stick or up high. Higher gives more power.
- Place the ball near right/back foot
- Weight on their right/back foot
- Hit down on to the ball, which squeezes the ball into the astro and lifts it.
- It’s harder on sand than water surfaces.
Hockeyroo Ashleigh Nelson says it allows you to get a quick shot away, high into the net over the goalkeeper – especially from in close in the back space available when defenders behind you.